5 Essential Spices For Every Kitchen. When you think of India, what comes to your mind? Colors, traditions, heritage, and… food! India is well known for food that is packed with intense, palate-pleasing flavors.
What gives Indian food the essence and flavor? Indian spices! These include a variety of spices grown across the Indian subcontinent. Authentic Indian spices add a great taste and aroma to all kinds of food, imagine food without spices? They are an indispensable part of our culinary preparation, especially used for flavoring and seasoning.
Not just flavoring, but most of these spices hold medicinal values too.
Now, let’s talk about the top 5 Indian spices that are a must-have in your kitchen. Take a look at them:
- Cumin – A spice with a very distinct smell that infuses flavor in every dish. One can choose to buy whole Cumin or the grounded version of it. Cumin forms the basis of an Indian dish, and is loved not just for its taste, but also its medicinal values.
- Chilli Powder – Chilli Powder brings the spice in your life, and to your dishes. It blends well with other spices like cumin, coriander, cinnamon and more, and is an essential in Indian cuisine. Let’s just say a ‘Desi Tadka’ is incomplete without Chilli Powder.
- Cinnamon – Cinnamon’s warm, slightly sweet, slightly spicy taste makes it a versatile spice. It adds depth to a dish and can be used in savory and sweet dishes. It is available in whole as well as powdered form.
- Turmeric Powder – Almost every Indian dish is loaded with the goodness and flavor of Turmeric. Don’t miss out this important spice for the taste and therapeutic value that it adds to a dish.
- Black Pepper – Black pepper is the most traded spice in the world and one of the most common spice added in the cuisine. Its aroma and flavor is incomparable, and helps perk up any dull recipe.
These authentic spices cannot be missed, and are a must-have in your kitchen if delicious Indian food is what you want! Explore these and more on our website.