Raksha Bandhan 2022 is here, and it is celebrated not only in India but also everywhere around the world! People from all walks of life celebrate this rakhi festival. The main concept of the Raksha Bandhan celebration is that it represents the unmatched bond of love, care, and respect between a brother and a sister. Other than Raksha Bandhan gifts for sisters and brothers, if you want to know more about this festival’s meaning, history and legends, read on.
Raksha Bandhan 2022 this year is a colorful festival of universal brotherhood and sisterhood. The festival is celebrated on the full moon day of the lunar month Shravana, also known as Shravana Poornima.
The festival of Rakhi conveys a message of pure love and a bond between siblings. The phrase Raksha Bandhan means ‘safety’ and ‘bond’ where a sister ties a Rakhi made with fabric of any kind on her brother’s right wrist, and the brother honors the love and pledges to protect his beloved sister for a lifetime.
Raksha Bandhan is a popular family tradition in India; it is celebrated with a variety of food, and its history goes 6000 years back.
The story of Lord Krishna and Draupadi highlights the tradition of Raksha Bandhan.
To protect the Dharma (religion) on earth, Lord Krishna fought and killed the devil King Shishupal. Lord Krishna was hurt in the fight and left with a bleeding finger. Draupadi came in with a strip of her saree and tied it around his injured finger to stop the bleeding. Lord Krishna valued her worry and respect. He felt bound by her sisterly love and kindness. He vowed to repay the debt of appreciation in her future. After many years, when Pandavas lost their wife Draupadi to evil Kauravas in the game of dice, Kauravas attempted to pull the saree of Draupadi. That was when Lord Krishna came to the rescue of Draupadi and protected her dignity through his divine powers.
How is Raksha Bandhan 2022 Celebrated Across the World?
On this special day of sibling love, sisters usually apply tilak to the forehead of their brothers, tie the sacred thread called Rakhi to the right-hand wrist, do the Arati ritual and offer them some sweet dish. Sisters pray for their brothers’ prosperity, well-being, and long life. The brother pledges to take care of his beloved sister throughout his life and offers a token of love to his sister, which is popularly known as Raksha Bandhan gifts for sister. This sacred thread represents love and the bond of security, thus called the ‘Raksha Bandhan.’
In some parts of India, sisters tie this Rakhi to the sacred plants of Tulsi or Pipal before it on their brother’s hand. Sisters ask for the protection of nature with this ritual.
The Message of Rakhi
Raksha Bandhan signifies the siblings’ unpaired love, care, and respect. But in a general view, this festive season gives a universal message to maintain brotherhood and sisterhood.
For your celebration of Raksha Bandhan 2022, Dwaraka Organic is all prepared with our organic ingredients, which can come in handy if you plan to cook with your siblings. You can try some incredible dishes at home for your brother or sister like:
- Mushroom Korma: Mushroom Korma is filled with mouth-watering flavors and makes a perfect Raksha Bandhan delicacy your sibling will love. Make it for Raksha Bandhan 2022 with organic spices and oil. You can serve this with your favorite bread or rice and serve it hot to your brother or sister on this auspicious occasion.
- Ragi Ladoos: If you want to balance the feast with something healthier, you can opt for Ragi Ladoos. An occasion like Raksha Bandhan is incomplete without a sweet delicacy and Ragi Ladoos can be an ideal choice. You can try making it this year with organic Ragi.
- Corn Cutlet: Corn cutlets on Raksha Bandhan will keep a smile on your sibling’s face intact. This easy-to-make is the perfect way to start your Raksha Bandhan feast with. Celebrate this Raksha Bandhan 2022 with your sibling by preparing it together while you fondly reminisce about your childhood.
- Gudpapdi: Gudpapdi is a good option as a sweet dish you offer to your sibling this Raksha Bandhan festival. We highly recommend you prepare it at home so your brother or sister feels special. Gudpapdi is filled with the goodness of jaggery, cardamom powder, and coconut. You can get them all in the organic form from Dwaraka Organic.
- Pav Bhaji: If you are thinking of a wholesome and authentic meal for your sibling on Raksha Bandhan, we think nothing will beat Pav Bhaji. It is an easy recipe and will bring back your childhood memories. Do try it this year with organic ingredients.
- Chocolate and Cinnamon Mug Cake: This chocolate and cinnamon mug cake is a very easy recipe that can be made in a couple of minutes. Do try it with your sibling for this year’s Raksha Bandhan celebration. This chocolaty fudgy treat is truly rich in flavors and great for this special day.
We are sure your brother or sister will be delighted with these recipes, and they will bring a broad smile to their faces. You can explore more Indian recipes here.
To buy organic ingredients for these recipes, you can always visit a grocery store near you and shop for Dwaraka Organic products. We are also available on Amazon, so don’t hesitate to plan your recipes in advance and order now.
We wish you all a Happy Raksha Bandhan 2022.